Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Movie Story

     Creating a digital movie had to be my favorite assignment so far in class. I really liked how I had so many options to make my movie absolutely perfect and to my standards. There were so many more options and tools that could be used in the movie maker than I ever thought possible.
     My movie was about my daughter's life from the day she was born up until now at 2 years old. It was very difficult to keep that down to 2 minutes I had so much that I wanted to share. I am going to blame that on the "mom" in me.
     There are many ways that digital movies can be used in a classroom. The number one way that I think it would best fit would be to make a slideshow of the children from the first day to the last. It could be candid photos, important things that were done in the class, showing off projects, or just anything that was worth taking pictures of. These could be put together by the teacher and given to each child's parent at the end of the year. 
     I learned so much while doing this assignment. I never knew that you could do so much with just a stack of photographs. I will probably do another movie like this again one day so I am glad that I had the opportunity to do it for the first time with some assistance. 
     This sounds like a lot of work, but movie maker made the entire task very easy. The hardest part of the entire process was choosing which pictures to use. After that, it was smooth-sailing. While looking over the NETS-T standards, this particular activity would fall under the topic of 
"Model Digital Age Work and Learning." The actual goal is Communicate relevant information and ideas effectively to students, parents, and peers using a variety of digital age media and formats.
 By doing a video for the children to take as a keepsake, this would show that the teacher is up to date on digital work and learning. It is also something nice for the families to have and be able to look back on. I plan to do this in my classroom one day. 

Here is my movie that I made in class!
Click here to see a video about my daughter Emma Ruth!

No comments:

Post a Comment