Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Web Tools

     The web tools that we learned about were all very great tools to be familiar with. I actually had a lot of fun creating the different required pages and playing around with the sites to see what I could find. All of the different tools would be very beneficial for an elementary teacher. The tools we used were to make an online rubric, an online quiz, an online worksheet and an online puzzle.
     The rubric could be used in a classroom for activities, projects, and even certain tests. This is something that every teacher should be familiar with using. Making the quiz was actually pretty fun. I liked how it gave you lots of options when it came to formatting the quiz to suit what the teacher is looking for. This will be a handy tool for making quizzes and tests for any grade not just elementary. The worksheet page I had fun with. There were so many different options and already made templates to choose from. It made it very easy to find the one I needed. This would be a very valuable tool in any grade as well. My personal favorite was the puzzle maker site. I love doing puzzles and have always used them when studying or trying to learn a new concept. This tool would be very valuable, especially for elementary, because children need something to look at. They need something physical to show them the concept. By making the information into a puzzle that is fun, the child will more than likely retain the information better.
      I really didn't encounter any problems when I was doing this assignment, which surprised me. I thought that I would get so very lost when trying to make all the different worksheets and tests, but I never did. That in itself should show a lot.
     While referring to the NETS-T standards, the goal that I thought was most appropriate for this activity falls under the topic
 "Design and Develop Digital Age Learning Experiences and Assessments." The actual goal is Design or adapt relevant learning experiences that incorporate digital tools and resources to promote student learning and creativity.
 The internet is the best possible resource for a teacher and using the web tools that are available would be nothing short of beneficial to the students. 

Here is my test for Science Fair Experiments. See how you do!
Click here to take a test on Science Fair Experiments

Here is a rubric for my Science Fair Experiment project. What do you think?
Click here to see my rubric 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your wonderful blog,, it has been a great source of being able to relate to someone else .

    Free Online Quizzes

    ReplyDelete